Sunday 10 July 2011

Lace it tighter my dear!

"It's alive!!"

Hours in a corset the day before yesterday: 3 additional
Hours yesterday: 10 hours
That is 24 hours in total, I must say I am quite impressed. You see, I know how slow I am and usually need twice as longer than a normal person who has good, logical, judgement.

And yes it is finished!!! I CANNOT believe it!
I must admit, dear reader, that this was the first ever real sewing project I took up, and without Amber to jump in and help whenever I lost my way and had no means of progression I could never (never ever) had finished it (or arrived anywhere near a finished product).

The rats tail we bought for it was unfortunately not as withstanding as we thought it would be, they might have changed the type at the shop since Amber bought it, because  the one I had was less "leathery", more breakable. Therefore, I will be on the look out for 4 metres of sturdy rats tail when I get home, so that I will actually get to wear the lovely corset.
I look at it and I cannot believe I managed to make something like this.

Amber suggested that next school year I should talk to our technician at school when we get to the corset making module. So that I can try something different from which I can learn: the heart shaped one. I might try making one that has lace on top as well to see how you bind that to it, although that should not make much difference, as it would simply make three layers in the stead of two.

Well, dearest reader, my timid-self shall go get ready as she must leave for the airport shortly.
More to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment