Thursday 9 June 2011

The hours in corset

Just a quick update before I forget. Indeed dear reader, you are quite right, this is more for the author's forgetful mind than for anything else.
Amber is helping me make a corset!!!! For the bodice of the Simplicity pattern I talked about earlier.
And here are the hours that were put into it so far:
2 hours on Sunday after buying the stuff needed for it, then 6 hours on Monday after I got back from work.

(Drafting the pattern -using the corset pattern given by our technician at school from Corsets and Crinolines by Norah Waugh page 81, then copying out the pattern to make a new one that will be used for the fabric -wear and tear-, and lastly cutting out the fabric)

Finding the fabric for the top layer

Drafting the pattern, noting changes made for my size

Cutting out pieces from the fabric

This how far I am now

...And more to come later, but I have to go now, I am either going to bed because I have to wake early for work or my timid-self shall attend to some seriously important engagements... *cough, cough* watch a movie or a TV show, or something entirely useless and possibly eat more chocolate.

Note-to-sELF: woman, don't you forget your original intention to work on the Costumer's Manifesto online course!!! The very reason you actually started this blog, remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment