Sunday 29 May 2011

First ever Simplicity pattern

I know, I shouldn't be as excited... after all I never actually got any fabric. Have I been spoilt after having been able to roam through the "Nippori Textile Town" and after having spent half my spare time in the Yuzawaya at Kamata in recent years? ...Possibly, but most of all, I don't have my mother with me, who has always helped me at choosing something that works perfectly and doesn't even reach sky-high prices.
Indeed, I complain. And I know that is not the reason you, my dear reader, have dropped in, sitting by the China, ready for your Earl Grey.

Simplicity 2172

Anyway, the pattern I got is 2172, a neat little Steampunk design (Yup, my timid-self has a strong attachment to that which is Steampunk, she feels it is a good combination of the things she would love to be: a Victorian lady and a pirate xD). Amber said it would help me with learning techniques, as yes, this would be the first ever true costume/clothing that I would have ever made... so that's the main reason why it's so exciting... also because, before this I didn't live in a country where you could buy the Simplicity(, or McCalls) Costume patterns, only the contemporary designs. So, I must confess, seeing drawers upon drawers of patterns gave me quite an adrenalin rush.

As for creative matters... well, the most creative I have been is starting to work on Amber's bedroom wall, we started putting up masking tape in the shape if trees, then the wall will be painted with blue-ish gray and the tape taken off to reveal white tree shapes.


Update:
And for the short film I have done some more research, I just remembered who I've been associating the father with... Scrooge!!! Perfect, isn't it? The old gentleman in his nightgown, looking fragile against the Victorian setting, the materialistic monstrosity of the Industrial Age.
Me and Reni, the director, went to one of the Auld Reekie Ghost Tours on Thursday, and after that we had another chat about the short film. I cannot express how excited I am about this project, even though I will be already at home on my summer vacation when the shoot will be on.


Before I forget, I was able to find one of my favourite "costume diaries" that I was looking for a few months back: Dragonfly Designs by Alisa
New background from inspyretash-stock on deviantart.com

Now my timid-self shall run to bed, as she was planning to wake up early in the morning as her day is jam-packed with things to do. Well, it is the weekend so let's make a use of not having to go to work at 6 in the morning, shan't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment