Wednesday 11 May 2011

Let's kick off with the introduction of a project...

How certain are things? How can we know that we start, what we plan, what we research for will actually happen? Well, it seems we can never know.

I met someone (specifics to come later) on the 2nd of May who had mentioned a project she was working on, and when I let her know that I am a costume student she suggested I join them on the project.
I am just going to read the screenplay at the moment, but before that I wanted to do some research on the author of the story the short film will be based upon.
The author is Peter Odry Mason (real name unkown), seems to be interested in Gothic imagery, mysticism and the occult, as mentioned in the first interview I found with him is on Gothic. hu. The imagery for the short stories in his novel is suggested to be inspired by nighttime cityscapes that he tends to explore, he might possibly use ideas from heavy metal works as well, as he says he had the first heavy metal news programme on TV.
Another article states that the questions he deals with are how one becomes a victim, and how one becomes a murderer.
He is titled to be a master at creating empathy in the reader, consequently the sense of great fear.]

On another note, have you seen the neat Martha Graham inspired animation on the Google homepage today? It's definitely worth a check! Look for The Story Behind the Graham Google Doodle.

Now my timid-self shall get onto reading the script (which was, in fact, written by the person who took me on into the project), more to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment