Sunday 22 May 2011

The short film project...

I watched Atlantis: The Lost Empire yesterday with Linda, still my favourite movie (haven't watched it in 3 years).
Anyway...

I met with the director of the short film today, I am very excited about this project.
The place where the "Village" scenes will be shot look strangely uncharacteristic to this country which is why it is perfect for the project. When I told them about my ideas they agreed with them: the importance of development shown through clothing.
My idea of paralleling the father and son's colour scheme- the son fading as the father gains colour- seems to have been a thought for them too.

I must not forget to tell them that I also have experience being a script supervisor (so in charge of continuity, and the time code log- for Momo directed by Ben McKinstrie).

"Technically, continuity is the responsibility of the script supervisor and film director, who are together responsible for preserving continuity and preventing errors from take to take and shot to shot. The script supervisor, who sits next to the director during shooting, keeps the physical continuity of the edit in mind as shots are set up. He is the editor's watchman. If shots are taken out of sequence, as is often the case, he will be alert to make sure that beer glass is in the appropriate state. The editor utilizes the script supervisor's notes during post-production to log and keep track of the vast amounts of footage and takes that a director might shoot."


The "state" of "the beer glass" refers to the level of liquid it has in it, and the exact position on the table. In the short movie I helped out with the main character, Momo, drank "white wine" (apple juice diluted with water), it was my job to refill the wine glass after each take (when she poured herself) and clean the glass so it looked empty. I also had a chance to "dress" a room before lights came in, I had pictures of how messy it had to look. I learnt it is very important to take pictures of everything when you are in charge of continuity.

One thing I had not thought f was mentioned today: the Father might be someone from an earlier century, who knows how long he has been here...

Well, my timid-self shall get back to her sketchbook to make notes and such. More to come later!

P.S.: I know I should change my background/wallpaper, but I haven't been able to come up with a good one to change to just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment